Saturday, November 20, 2010

Holy needle felted wool sculptures, batman!

The other night, whilst browsing through etsy's selection of "plushie monsters," I happened upon this amazing thing:


How adorable is this??? I love the faces on the little peas - I want them to come to life and bounce around and be my little friends ... The title is "Leaning Tower of Peas" and it is a felted wool sculpture created by Kit Lane. I'd never heard of wool felting before, so of course I had to find out how it's done -

 



Looks time consuming, tedious and intensely satisfying! I'll have to give it a try one day ... Here's another of Kit's sculptures. "Snow Peas in Strangeland." Note the raccoon skull in the back - too cool.


Oh and these guys too - they're how I found her shop in the first place. I love them and I want an army of them to vanquish mine enemies.



3 comments: